Tomic`s father moved to tears during court hearing on alleged assault of Thomas Drouet
Sydney: Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic`s father, who is a coach, burst into tears as he was questioned in court about an assault on Frenchman Thomas Drouet, which left him with a broken nose and injured vertebrae.
According to The Daily Telegraph, the court heard on May 4 that Drouet was found unconscious about 3:30 pm outside a hotel in Madrid after an altercation with Tomic`s father but the Judge Jacobo Vigil Levi heard two very different versions as to who hit who and the case was adjourned with Levi reserving his decision for another day.
Bernard Tomic did not see the fight but gave evidence about how his father came rushing into the hotel reception area and said `he hit me`, the report said.
Two doctors also gave evidence and the decision is likely in two to three weeks, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'