Tomic`s father moved to tears during court hearing on alleged assault of Thomas Drouet
Sydney: Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic`s father, who is a coach, burst into tears as he was questioned in court about an assault on Frenchman Thomas Drouet, which left him with a broken nose and injured vertebrae.
According to The Daily Telegraph, the court heard on May 4 that Drouet was found unconscious about 3:30 pm outside a hotel in Madrid after an altercation with Tomic`s father but the Judge Jacobo Vigil Levi heard two very different versions as to who hit who and the case was adjourned with Levi reserving his decision for another day.
Bernard Tomic did not see the fight but gave evidence about how his father came rushing into the hotel reception area and said `he hit me`, the report said.
Two doctors also gave evidence and the decision is likely in two to three weeks, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown