Tomic`s father moved to tears during court hearing on alleged assault of Thomas Drouet
Sydney: Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic`s father, who is a coach, burst into tears as he was questioned in court about an assault on Frenchman Thomas Drouet, which left him with a broken nose and injured vertebrae.
According to The Daily Telegraph, the court heard on May 4 that Drouet was found unconscious about 3:30 pm outside a hotel in Madrid after an altercation with Tomic`s father but the Judge Jacobo Vigil Levi heard two very different versions as to who hit who and the case was adjourned with Levi reserving his decision for another day.
Bernard Tomic did not see the fight but gave evidence about how his father came rushing into the hotel reception area and said `he hit me`, the report said.
Two doctors also gave evidence and the decision is likely in two to three weeks, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men