UK boxer Nicola Adams turns to vodka to relax
London: Boxer Nicola Adams has said that she is happiest chilling out with her pals, seeing her family and her Doberman named Dexter.
The 30-year-old sportsperson, who became the first UK woman to win an Olympic boxing gold, insists that she`s just a normal girl from Leeds.
"I`m quite into films, you can`t get much better than a good old Rocky film. I love going to the cinema and maybe grabbing a Nando`s afterwards. I also treat myself to ice-cream."
She admitted that she likes a vodka and lemonade or two with her mates - some of who are from school, and some of whom are from the boxing world.
She also said that she likes to bust some moves to R `n` B, dance, funk, even a bit of rock and her fearlessness extends to the dance-floor, which she is willing to hit with or without a drink inside her.
Adams added that Kanye West`s `All Of The Lights` is her song of choice while she is training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'