Usain Bolt`s spectacular ``slam-dunk`` steals the show
Washington: Sprint star Usain Bolt added a highlight more reminiscent of Dominique Wilkins than Carl Lewis to his resume on Friday, as he stole the show at a basketball game with a spectacular slam-dunk during a NBA celebrity game.
Playing for the East squad in the Celebrity Game in Houston, Bolt got out in transition in the final minute of the first quarter, and snagging a high pass with his right hand, the 6` 5" sprinter controlled the ball and then rose up for a two-handed slam.
While the Celebrity Game during NBA All-Star Weekend isn`t exactly the proving ground for all-time greats, it was still impressive to see the rangy Bolt get out and run the floor, the paper said.
The 26-year-old Jamaican opened his 2013 season with a rare run at 400 meters and has talked about expanding his program for the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city