Uttarakhand to give Rs 11 lakh to Unmukt Chand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Wednesday announced a cash reward of Rs.11 lakh for Unmukt Chand, who led India to lift the 2012 U-19 World Cup.
Sports Minister Dinesh Agarwal made the announcement here. Unmukt hit a match-winning unbeaten century in the final against Australia.
Although Unmukt plays for Delhi in domestic cricket, he hails from Khudku Bhalya village in Uttarakhand`s Pithoragarh district. Agarwal said he had done the hill state proud.
Officials said the state was also considering felicitating the entire U-19 cricket team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj