Wanderers Test to turn pink to support McGrath breast cancer foundation
Johannesburg: The Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg, which will host the second Test between Australia and South Africa, will have added colour as it turns pink in support of the McGrath Foundation and the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA).
According to Sport24, as an acknowledgment of the success of the Sydney Pink Test, now into its fourth year, Day 3 of the Wanderers Test will see venue, players and fans demonstrate their support for the cause by bathing the match in pink.
The partnership between Cricket Cares, Cricket Australia’s community action program, and the McGrath Foundation has raised over 2.2 million dollars since the inception of the Pink Test three years ago and has become one of Australia’s most iconic fundraising events.
McGrath Foundation Ambassador and Director Tracy Bevan is in South Africa as part of the Wanderers Test activities and is looking forward to seeing fans embrace the pink movement.
“To think we are about to head into our fourth year of the Sydney Pink Test is just incredible and it’s been so amazing to see how the Pink Test concept has really been embraced by everyone in the cricketing community,” said Bevan.
“This is the international debut of the Pink Test concept and we couldn’t be more proud to have South Africa as the first country involved given they were the first team to participate in the inaugural Pink Test in Sydney in 2009.
“We really appreciate all the support we’ve received which has seen our 68 McGrath Breast Care Nurses help support more than 10 000 Australian families through a breast cancer experience over the past three years,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof