Warne immortalised in 300kg of bronze at MCG
Melbourne: A trimmer Shane Warne saw himself immortalised in 300kg of bronze today with the unveiling of a rather plumpish statue of him outside the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a ceremony also attended by his British model girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.
Melbourne Cricket Club president Paul Sheahan unveiled the statue by sculptor Louis Lauman as Warne, Hurley and their children looked on.
"That`s 300kg, so it`s pretty lifelike from when I played," Warne joked after the unveiling.
"Congratulations to Louis for making a very good likeness that I am proud of," he added.
After a close look at the statue which depicts him in action, Warne said, "It looks like a leg-break."
Warne`s children, Brooke, Summer and Jackson, were also there at the unveiling along with Hurley`s son from a previous marriage, Damian.
Warne joins cricket legends such as Sir Donald Bradman, Keith Miller and Dennis Lillee in having his statue erected on the Parade of Champions outside the MCG.
Warne took 708 wickets in 145 Tests in a sterling career that ended in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion