Warne immortalised in 300kg of bronze at MCG
Melbourne: A trimmer Shane Warne saw himself immortalised in 300kg of bronze today with the unveiling of a rather plumpish statue of him outside the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a ceremony also attended by his British model girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.
Melbourne Cricket Club president Paul Sheahan unveiled the statue by sculptor Louis Lauman as Warne, Hurley and their children looked on.
"That`s 300kg, so it`s pretty lifelike from when I played," Warne joked after the unveiling.
"Congratulations to Louis for making a very good likeness that I am proud of," he added.
After a close look at the statue which depicts him in action, Warne said, "It looks like a leg-break."
Warne`s children, Brooke, Summer and Jackson, were also there at the unveiling along with Hurley`s son from a previous marriage, Damian.
Warne joins cricket legends such as Sir Donald Bradman, Keith Miller and Dennis Lillee in having his statue erected on the Parade of Champions outside the MCG.
Warne took 708 wickets in 145 Tests in a sterling career that ended in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Bangla SC to pronounce fate of Jamaat-e-Islami chief on May 5
- Singapore detains 8 Bangladeshis for alleged IS-related terror plot
- 3 percent quota for differently-abled, not implemented: Govt
- Suspended cop held for extorting Rs 10L from Delhi University boys gets bail
- UN tribunal's order on Italain marines affirms SC's authority: Govt