Warne immortalised in 300kg of bronze at MCG
Melbourne: A trimmer Shane Warne saw himself immortalised in 300kg of bronze today with the unveiling of a rather plumpish statue of him outside the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a ceremony also attended by his British model girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.
Melbourne Cricket Club president Paul Sheahan unveiled the statue by sculptor Louis Lauman as Warne, Hurley and their children looked on.
"That`s 300kg, so it`s pretty lifelike from when I played," Warne joked after the unveiling.
"Congratulations to Louis for making a very good likeness that I am proud of," he added.
After a close look at the statue which depicts him in action, Warne said, "It looks like a leg-break."
Warne`s children, Brooke, Summer and Jackson, were also there at the unveiling along with Hurley`s son from a previous marriage, Damian.
Warne joins cricket legends such as Sir Donald Bradman, Keith Miller and Dennis Lillee in having his statue erected on the Parade of Champions outside the MCG.
Warne took 708 wickets in 145 Tests in a sterling career that ended in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi