Wayne Rooney’s blackmailer scared of losing life if he names main culprit
London: A member from the gang who tried to blackmail Wayne Rooney’s wife Coleen for her personal family photos, has told the police that he fears he would be shot if he names the man behind the plot.
According to the court hearing, 42-year-old Steven Malcolm, who was nabbed by undercover police said that the mastermind of the scam was “nasty”, with dangerous associates who broke limbs and used guns.
Malcolm was arrested when he turned up at a hotel to collect the cash amount of 5,000 pounds for 400 snaps of the footballer’s wife and family.
He said that he knew nothing of blackmail and was doing a favour for a friend who asked him to return some equipment to “its rightful owner”.
When officers tried asking for the friend’s name, Malcolm refused to tell about him.
“I can’t. This guy and his associates are nasty people,” the Sun quoted Malcolm as saying. “I want to keep my limbs. I do not want to be shot,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest