We will have openly gay footballer in next ten years: Barton
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Outspoken footballer and QPR midfielder Joye Barotn feels strongly about gay footballers and blames the fears of team managers for homophobia in football.
JOEY Barton has spoken out in support of gay footballers — as he revealed his own uncle is homosexual in a TV documentary on Britain`s gay footballers.
“ Individuals within the game will discriminate against people. These archaic figures think if they had a gay footballer, they would have all kinds of shenanigans going on in the dressing room. That’s not the case. As I say it`s more fool them and their lack of social awareness and intelligence”, Barton was quoted as saying by ‘The Sun’.
He tells the show Britain`s Gay Footballers: "It`s a subject quite close to my heart because my dad`s youngest brother, the youngest of my uncles, is gay. And I didn`t know for a long, long time.
"He (Joey’s Uncle) thought because of the society that we were brought up in, which was quite working class, that it would be frowned upon or that we would disown him,” Barton was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- India finds promising natural gas hydrates in Bay of Bengal
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?