When 115kg Rob Quiney was a junk food gorging couch potato
Brisbane: Australia’s latest Test debutant Rob Quiney once weighed 115kg and was obsessed with soft drinks, scoffing junk food and drinking beer.
Quiney may look fit in his debut Test, but as a teenager he was a perfect candidate for a crash course in weight loss.
At age 18, the young Victorian went to play league cricket in England and he spent most of his nights on the couch watching pay television, eating poorly and drinking.
At 115kg, Quiney ballooned to being heavier than most rugby league players and was only a few kilograms lighter than Queensland State of Origin hulk Dave Taylor, a website reported on Friday.
“I went to England after my first year playing at St Kilda. I went at 100kg and I came back 115kg. I was parking myself on the couch and just watching TV because there was pay-TV over there which we really didn`t have in Australia back then,” Quiney said.
“I used to drink two or three cans of Coke a day, at least. There was plenty of bad eating, drinking beers and just general laziness. I was just so lazy and just rolled along as opposed to working hard like I should have.”
The Transformation happened when Quiney returned from England and literally hated what he saw when he looked in the mirror one day.
He immediately vowed to shed the kilograms, go on a fitness drive and make something of his talent.
Quiney is now a shadow of his former self and his weight hovers around 87kg, but he admits he always has to work hard on his fitness levels and can never afford to slacken off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi