World No 1 Novok Djokovic lends hand at Dubai turtle rehab centre
Manama: Tennis’ current World Number One Novak Djokovic had been seen relaxing with sea turtles at a seven-star hotel in Dubai, ahead of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
The Serbian tennis player was seen exploring and lending a hand at the turtle rehabilitation centre for sea turtles at the Burj Al Arab hotel, guided by the aquarium operations manager at the hotel Warren Baverstock, Gulf News reports.
Djokovic, a self-confessed animal lover, named one of the two hawksbill turtles undergoing treatment at the centre as Leonardo after one of his favourite cartoon characters, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the report added.
According to Baverstock, the centre is intended to help turtles get sea-ready after injuries sustained by coming into contact with boats, debris or falling sick, as well as educating members of the public.
The tennis star also hung out at the pool at the aquarium, among the smaller turtles, providing entertainment for the aquarium’s visitors, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur