World No 1 Novok Djokovic lends hand at Dubai turtle rehab centre
Manama: Tennis’ current World Number One Novak Djokovic had been seen relaxing with sea turtles at a seven-star hotel in Dubai, ahead of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
The Serbian tennis player was seen exploring and lending a hand at the turtle rehabilitation centre for sea turtles at the Burj Al Arab hotel, guided by the aquarium operations manager at the hotel Warren Baverstock, Gulf News reports.
Djokovic, a self-confessed animal lover, named one of the two hawksbill turtles undergoing treatment at the centre as Leonardo after one of his favourite cartoon characters, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the report added.
According to Baverstock, the centre is intended to help turtles get sea-ready after injuries sustained by coming into contact with boats, debris or falling sick, as well as educating members of the public.
The tennis star also hung out at the pool at the aquarium, among the smaller turtles, providing entertainment for the aquarium’s visitors, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money
- Bihar Board class 10th results: More than 50 percent students fail in exams - Is this the reason?