Yusuf Pathan engaged in a private ceremony
Vadodara: Explosive batsman Yusuf Pathan on Saturday got engaged to a physiotherapist named Afreen at a very private ceremony at his farmhouse in Nadiad, 60 kms from Vadodara.
A friend of Yusuf confirmed about the proceedings and said, "Only a select few friends and both families were present. His brother Irfan was also present."
The two brothers are supposed to play against Bengal in the Mustaq Ali T20 quarterfinal in Mumbai on Sunday.
Afreen has been born and brought up in Mumbai but practises physiotherapy in Vadodara. It is an arranged marriage and the match was decided after both families met.
Yusuf`s father Mehboob Khan was very eager on completing the engagement of his eldest son before deciding on marriage of his younger son Irfan. It won`t be a surprise if both are married on the same date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!