Yuvraj Singh to share his cancer experience on TV
Mumbai: Indian cricketer ace Yuvraj Singh will be soon on TV sharing his experience of battle with cancer.
The show titled `Zindagi Abhi Baaki Hai` is a three-part series on the 30-year-old World Cup star`s experience of tackling the `emperor of maladies`.
The programme would be telecast simultaneously on Colors and youth entertainment channel MTV India.
Colors on Tuesday announced a partnership with Yuvraj and his foundation `You We Can` which works for increasing the cancer awareness.
"I thank everyone for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this. It is overwhelming. Cancer is a disease that can eat through lives. I remember when I was diagnosed I had lot of wishes and love from people of India and around India and it worked out," Yuvraj told reporters here.
"It is my story... I want people to know that when they get this kind of disease, what you feel when you learn you have cancer, how you can fight it, how one is in denial mode, etc. I want to share my experience with everyone. I want to be an inspiration for everyone so that they can live their life all over again," he added.
The proceeds from sponsorships of the show will go to his foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?