Yuvraj to give Rs one lakh to Arunima
New Delhi: Star India batsman Yuvraj Singh announced a Rs one lakh monetary help to national level football and volleyball player Arunima Sinha who lost her leg after being thrown out by robbers from a running train near Bareilly.
Yuvraj, who was adjudged player-of-the-tournament in the cricket World Cup which India won after 28 years, described Arunima a "brave sportsperson" and wish her a speedy recovery.
"It is really unfortunate and tragic with what has appened to Arunima. She must be brave sportsperson who came forward to fight against robbery. I know the loss is irreparable, but I would like to offer her this little contribution on of one lakh rupees," he said in a statement issued by `Yuvraj Singh Foundation`.
"I wish her a speedy recovery and in future if she I am of some help she can always contact me," he said.
Arunima alias Sonu lost her leg after she was pushed out of the Padmavat Express near Bareilly on Monday night by three men trying to snatch her gold chain when she was travelling to Delhi to appear for a CISF examination.
As she lay on the tracks, another train ran over her left leg. She had fractures on her right leg and also suffered head injuries.
Railways has offered her a suitable job while Sports Minister Ajay Maken announced a Rs two lakh medical compensation and an immediate ex-gratia of Rs 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today