`Injured` Gul hoping for bowling return in time for October series against Proteas
Islamabad: Pakistan fast bowler Umar Gul has said that he is hoping to be fit and back to bowling in time for the series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in October.
Gul is currently at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore, undergoing rehabilitation following knee surgery, and his return for the upcoming Zimbabwe tour remains unlikely.
A report said that Gul sustained the knee injury in March during the second ODI against South Africa in Centurion and has been sidelined since.
Although he is hoping to be fit in time for the Zimbabwe tour, Gul, however, said that his main target is the South Africa series, which will be hosted by Pakistan in the UAE , adding that he is currently gaining back his strength with gym work and will start bowling with a run-up within a few days.
However, Gul, who has restricted himself to the gym and bowling from a spot along with minor jogging, further said that he does not want to press for a hasty return and take risks, adding that he would take his time to recover fully.
Meanwhile, Gul spoke about the importance of having a senior bowler with the mix of inexperienced fast bowlers even though Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan have become an integral part of the Pakistan attack, adding that having a senior around will be supportive for the youngsters to help them cope with pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack