2nd T20: Darren Sammy fires hosts to series win
Barbados: West Indies has taken a unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match Twenty20 international series against England in Barbados following a five-wicket win over the visitors in a rain-interrupted second game on Tuesday.
The hosts were on course for victory after a typically belligerent opening stand from Dwayne Smith and Chris Gayle, eventually reaching their target with seven balls to spare.
According to News.com.au, however, England made 7-152 in the match with Jos Buttler, who had earlier hit his second half-century in this format, recording a career-high 67 for the tourists in the shortest format of the game
The report mentioned that Buttler shared a fourth-wicket stand of 76 with Alex Hales after England chose to bat first in this must-win match.
After losing the first match, England must now seek consolation in the third and final tie in Bridgetown on Friday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical