2nd T20: Darren Sammy fires hosts to series win
Barbados: West Indies has taken a unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match Twenty20 international series against England in Barbados following a five-wicket win over the visitors in a rain-interrupted second game on Tuesday.
The hosts were on course for victory after a typically belligerent opening stand from Dwayne Smith and Chris Gayle, eventually reaching their target with seven balls to spare.
According to News.com.au, however, England made 7-152 in the match with Jos Buttler, who had earlier hit his second half-century in this format, recording a career-high 67 for the tourists in the shortest format of the game
The report mentioned that Buttler shared a fourth-wicket stand of 76 with Alex Hales after England chose to bat first in this must-win match.
After losing the first match, England must now seek consolation in the third and final tie in Bridgetown on Friday, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata