Afridi-PCB row ends after withdrawal of case
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has agreed to allow sacked one-day captain Shahid Afridi to play for English county side Hampshire after he agreed to withdraw his case against the PCB in the Sindh High Court.
According to well-informed sources, the Board will grant NOC to Afridi to join Hampshire by next week after he met Chairman Ijaz Butt in the presence of a government official in Islamabad yesterday.
"The meeting has had some positive outcome and for Afridi, the good news is that he can go and play for Hampshire as long as he withdraws his case and also appear before the disciplinary committee of the board," a source said.
Afridi`s manager Umran Khan also confirmed to BBC radio that the meeting went very well and both parties had come to a amicable agreement to end the dispute between them.
He added that he had spoken to Hampshire manager, Giles White and "they`re very pleased that it`s all sorted out".
While the PCB confirmed the meeting took place, it refrained from sharing details of the discussion that took place between the duo.
"The PCB confirms the meeting was held," read the board`s media release issued hours after it was held.
"The PCB will not make any further comment on the discussion at this stage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly