After men, Indian women cricketers top ICC Rankings
Dubai: Indian players top the International Cricket Council`s ODI Women`s Rankings with Mithali Raj taking the numero uno spot in the batting chart and Jhulan Goswami heading the bowling list issued today.
But Claire Taylor has a chance to topple Mithali from the number one spot when England goes head to head first with Ireland in a one off ODI and then with New Zealand in a five-match series this month. Taylor currently sits third in the batting rankings.
In the Rankings for ODI bowlers, England`s Katherine Brunt, currently ranked fourth, only has 65 points between her and Jhulan and the 25-year-old will only need a few wickets to displace Australia`s Lisa Sthalekar in third place.
Brunt`s team-mates Holly Colvin, Nicky Shaw and Laura Marsh are currently occupying sixth, seventh and eighth and will all be pushing to rise up the rankings.
The Rankings for ODI all-rounders is currently topped by Australian Shelley Nitschke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PNB profit more than halves to Rs 306 crore in Q1
- Chennai-bound Oman Air flight makes emergency landing in Goa
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!
- Govt hopes new civil aviation policy will encourage regional connectivity
- India's Security Council permanent seat hope receives setback