After men, Indian women cricketers top ICC Rankings
Dubai: Indian players top the International Cricket Council`s ODI Women`s Rankings with Mithali Raj taking the numero uno spot in the batting chart and Jhulan Goswami heading the bowling list issued today.
But Claire Taylor has a chance to topple Mithali from the number one spot when England goes head to head first with Ireland in a one off ODI and then with New Zealand in a five-match series this month. Taylor currently sits third in the batting rankings.
In the Rankings for ODI bowlers, England`s Katherine Brunt, currently ranked fourth, only has 65 points between her and Jhulan and the 25-year-old will only need a few wickets to displace Australia`s Lisa Sthalekar in third place.
Brunt`s team-mates Holly Colvin, Nicky Shaw and Laura Marsh are currently occupying sixth, seventh and eighth and will all be pushing to rise up the rankings.
The Rankings for ODI all-rounders is currently topped by Australian Shelley Nitschke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate