Amla moves down in ICC Test batsman rankings after poor show in India Tests
Johannesburg: Veteran South African batsman Hashim Amla has reportedly slipped from the second position to the fourth in the ICC Test batsman rankings after the second and final Test against India in Durban, which the hosts won by ten wickets.
Although ODI captain AB de Villiers, who scored 74 in his only knock in Durban, remains atop the standings, Amla came down in the list following a disappointing innings` against the Indians at Kingsmead (3).
According to Sport24, West Indian Shivnarine Chanderpaul has moved up to second, followed by New Zealand`s Ross Taylor in third.
South African Test skipper Graeme Smith finds himself in eighth spot, while Jacques Kallis retired in 12th position, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack