Amla moves down in ICC Test batsman rankings after poor show in India Tests
Johannesburg: Veteran South African batsman Hashim Amla has reportedly slipped from the second position to the fourth in the ICC Test batsman rankings after the second and final Test against India in Durban, which the hosts won by ten wickets.
Although ODI captain AB de Villiers, who scored 74 in his only knock in Durban, remains atop the standings, Amla came down in the list following a disappointing innings` against the Indians at Kingsmead (3).
According to Sport24, West Indian Shivnarine Chanderpaul has moved up to second, followed by New Zealand`s Ross Taylor in third.
South African Test skipper Graeme Smith finds himself in eighth spot, while Jacques Kallis retired in 12th position, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price