Bailey says great to have Faulkner in Oz team
Sydney: Australia`s captain George Bailey has said that it is great to have someone like James Faulkner in his team because he is very competitive and keeps taking wickets.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Faulkner was fined 10 per cent of his match fee for giving Chris Gayle a send off after dismissing him in February and is one of everyone`s least-liked opponents.
However, bowler Mitchell Johnson said that Faulkner does like to give it back and the team thought that was great, adding that it was the Australian way and he did it at state level and has now brought it into international cricket.
Suresh Raina felt Faulkner`s barbs when he succumbed to the left-armer in Sunday`s loss in Pune, prompting a rebuke from the equally feisty Virat Kohli, the report said.
Interim Australian captain Bailey has confidence to call on his state teammate in a crisis because he is capable of doing great things, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam