Bailey says great to have Faulkner in Oz team
Sydney: Australia`s captain George Bailey has said that it is great to have someone like James Faulkner in his team because he is very competitive and keeps taking wickets.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Faulkner was fined 10 per cent of his match fee for giving Chris Gayle a send off after dismissing him in February and is one of everyone`s least-liked opponents.
However, bowler Mitchell Johnson said that Faulkner does like to give it back and the team thought that was great, adding that it was the Australian way and he did it at state level and has now brought it into international cricket.
Suresh Raina felt Faulkner`s barbs when he succumbed to the left-armer in Sunday`s loss in Pune, prompting a rebuke from the equally feisty Virat Kohli, the report said.
Interim Australian captain Bailey has confidence to call on his state teammate in a crisis because he is capable of doing great things, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PCB to send Mohammad Hafeez to England for knee-injury treatment
- China says extremely dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea
- Ice age on Mars took place 400,000 years ago, claim scientists
- US Senate to vote to bolster defence ties with India
- SBI's Q4 net profit declines 66% on higher provisioning for bad loans