Baroda beat Saurashtra by 10 runs in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Rajkot: Skipper Yusuf Pathan led from the front with an attacking century as Baroda eked out a narrow 10-run win against Saurashtra in the West Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match, here today.
With this win, Baroda moved to second place in the points table.
Baroda scored 289 for 7, riding on Pathan`s 88-ball hundred after opener Saurabh Wakaskar made 40 and Shatrunjay Gaekwad hit 67.
Pathan struck 12 fours and a six before he was run out.
In reply, Saurashtra fell short of the target, scoring 279 for 7.
Pruthvipal Solanki hit 67 while Sheldon Jackson made 44 early on but they were reduced to 186 for 5 in the 40th over.
Chirag Jani tried to bring Saurashtra back into the game with an attacking 32-ball 58 but his effort was not enough to take the side home.
Brief Scores: Baroda 289 for 7 (Yusuf Pathan 100, Shatrunjay Gaekwad 67, Abhishek Bhatt 2-64).
Saurashtra: 279 for 7 (Pruthvipal Solanki 67, Chirag Jani 58 not out, Murtuza Vahora 2-64, Jyot Chhayta 2-43).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas