Baroda beat Saurashtra by 10 runs in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Rajkot: Skipper Yusuf Pathan led from the front with an attacking century as Baroda eked out a narrow 10-run win against Saurashtra in the West Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match, here today.
With this win, Baroda moved to second place in the points table.
Baroda scored 289 for 7, riding on Pathan`s 88-ball hundred after opener Saurabh Wakaskar made 40 and Shatrunjay Gaekwad hit 67.
Pathan struck 12 fours and a six before he was run out.
In reply, Saurashtra fell short of the target, scoring 279 for 7.
Pruthvipal Solanki hit 67 while Sheldon Jackson made 44 early on but they were reduced to 186 for 5 in the 40th over.
Chirag Jani tried to bring Saurashtra back into the game with an attacking 32-ball 58 but his effort was not enough to take the side home.
Brief Scores: Baroda 289 for 7 (Yusuf Pathan 100, Shatrunjay Gaekwad 67, Abhishek Bhatt 2-64).
Saurashtra: 279 for 7 (Pruthvipal Solanki 67, Chirag Jani 58 not out, Murtuza Vahora 2-64, Jyot Chhayta 2-43).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOW! This video of Andhra actor singing Allah, Allah fires up the internet – WATCH viral video
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani