BCCI has its way, ICC Board retains current DRS arrangement
Kuala Lumpur: The BCCI again had its way on the contentious Decision Review System (DRS) as the ICC Board failed to ratify its universal application following India`s strong opposition to the technology.
The ICC said it would continue with the current arrangement where the two competing countries in a bi-lateral series decide on the use of the technology.
ICC`s Chief Executives Committee had recommended mandatory use of the DRS in Tests and one-dayers on Monday but it failed to ratify its universal application following India`s opposition to the innovation.
"Whilst approving the recommendations of the CEC relating to the inclusion of Hot Spot cameras as part of the minimum specifications for the Decision Review System (DRS) and the amendment of the LBW protocols regarding the "margin of uncertainty", the ICC Board agreed to continue with the present arrangement where the two competing nations in a bi-lateral series decide on the use of DRS," the ICC said in a statement on Wednesday.
The issue was discussed at the ICC`s Executive Board meeting, which was chaired by outgoing ICC president Sharad Pawar, but was not put to a vote despite perceived support from most of the full member nations.
The motion for the universal application of the DRS was put to the Executive Board by the CEC on Monday, also through a "unanimous" non-vote, with the BCCI`s opposing stance being noted and the matter not being put to vote.
The ICC Board, which had met on June 26 and 27 during the ICC Annual Conference week here, also came out with some other recommendations regarding promotion of cricket, the Danish Kaneria spot-fixing case and regulation changes of the 50-over format, among others.
The meeting was attended by the Board presidents of the 10 Full Member nations and three representatives of Associate and Affiliate nations, besides ICC vice-president Alan Isaac, outgoing Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat and ICC`s principal advisor I S Bindra and Pawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical