Boycott rebukes `selfish` KP after Ashes defeat
Perth: Former England batsman Geoff Boycott has described Kevin Pietersen as `selfish`.
Boycott once again pointed the finger at Pietersen as slumped towards defeat in the Ashes on Monday.
According to sports24, with England chasing an improbable target of 504 to avoid defeat in the third Test in Perth, Pietersen put on a brisk 45 before holing out to Ryan Harris on the long-on boundary off the bowling of Nathan Lyon.
England finished the fourth day on 251-5, leaving Australia just five wickets short of an unassailable 3-0 series lead, and Boycott once again pointed the finger at Pietersen.
The 73-year-old Yorkshireman, a regular critic of the South Africa-born batsman, told BBC radio, said that one could see it coming with Kevin Pietersen.
Boycott said that Pietersen won`t play in a careful, controlled manner. It`s as selfish as you can get.
Pietersen, 33, has performed fitfully in Australia, with a second-innings 53 in the second Test in Adelaide his highest score in the series to date, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor