Boycott rebukes `selfish` KP after Ashes defeat
Perth: Former England batsman Geoff Boycott has described Kevin Pietersen as `selfish`.
Boycott once again pointed the finger at Pietersen as slumped towards defeat in the Ashes on Monday.
According to sports24, with England chasing an improbable target of 504 to avoid defeat in the third Test in Perth, Pietersen put on a brisk 45 before holing out to Ryan Harris on the long-on boundary off the bowling of Nathan Lyon.
England finished the fourth day on 251-5, leaving Australia just five wickets short of an unassailable 3-0 series lead, and Boycott once again pointed the finger at Pietersen.
The 73-year-old Yorkshireman, a regular critic of the South Africa-born batsman, told BBC radio, said that one could see it coming with Kevin Pietersen.
Boycott said that Pietersen won`t play in a careful, controlled manner. It`s as selfish as you can get.
Pietersen, 33, has performed fitfully in Australia, with a second-innings 53 in the second Test in Adelaide his highest score in the series to date, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG