Bresnan claims England’s problems against spin bowling ‘massively exaggerated’
London: England all rounder Tim Bresnan has claimed their problems against quality spin bowling have been massively exaggerated, and added that on spin-friendly wickets, good slow bowlers ought to take wickets.
Each of England`s three trips to Asia in 2012 has exposed their old Achilles heel of batting against spin on lifeless tracks, but Bresnan, who will be fighting for the No 8 position for the first Test in Ahmedabad on November 15, believes that they can play spin well now.
“I think our struggles against spin have been massively exaggerated. I don`t think there`s anything too wrong about the way we play when it comes to spinners,” the Daily Mail quoted Bresnan, as saying.
“It`s one of those things that you know can become an issue if you get out to them. But we have to accept that spinners sometimes get wickets on spinning tracks, and not let that put us off our game plan,” he added.
Pakistani spinners Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rehman humiliated England in January and February in UAE, when they lost the Test series 3-0.
England then allowed Sri Lanka`s slow left-armed Rangana Herath to take 12 wickets during the defeat at Galle in March, before Kevin Pietersen`s superb 151 squared the series in Colombo.
England also looked clueless in the World Twenty20 last month against India`s second-choice spinners, Harbhajan Singh and Piyush Chawla, who took six for 25 between them in eight overs, as they were dismissed for 80.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook