Brian Lara named Chittagong Kings brand ambassador
Dhaka: Former West Indies cricket captain Brian Lara has been named brand ambassador of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) franchise Chittagong Kings.
Lara has signed a three-year contract with Kings and is expected in Dhaka in November to complete formalities.
The West Indies batting legend will be part of the Chittagong franchise`s delegation at the auction December 7, CMC reports.
"I am excited and honoured to announce that Brian Lara has agreed to join us as the brand ambassador of the Chittagong Kings," Sameer Quader Chowdhury, the franchise`s owner, told ESPNcricinfo.
"He will also be with us throughout the BPL campaign, which starts on January 17.
Before the tournament starts, he will be present for our corporate dealings and marketing activities. Apart from this, he will do social work and be involved in team`s activities and selection."
During the inaugural season of the BPL, former Australia players Michael Bevan and Dean Jones were part of the Chittagong Kings, as batting coach and technical director respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16