Brian Lara named Chittagong Kings brand ambassador
Dhaka: Former West Indies cricket captain Brian Lara has been named brand ambassador of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) franchise Chittagong Kings.
Lara has signed a three-year contract with Kings and is expected in Dhaka in November to complete formalities.
The West Indies batting legend will be part of the Chittagong franchise`s delegation at the auction December 7, CMC reports.
"I am excited and honoured to announce that Brian Lara has agreed to join us as the brand ambassador of the Chittagong Kings," Sameer Quader Chowdhury, the franchise`s owner, told ESPNcricinfo.
"He will also be with us throughout the BPL campaign, which starts on January 17.
Before the tournament starts, he will be present for our corporate dealings and marketing activities. Apart from this, he will do social work and be involved in team`s activities and selection."
During the inaugural season of the BPL, former Australia players Michael Bevan and Dean Jones were part of the Chittagong Kings, as batting coach and technical director respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report