Cricket ticket sales in South Africa surpasses 1m mark for first time
Johannesburg: Cricket sales in South Africa have shown a momentous increase this season, surpassing the one million mark for the first time, according to Cricket South Africa (CSA).
A total of 1 093 464 tickets had been processed to date, CSA said in a statement on Thursday, which included international and franchise matches as well as the Champions League T20 tournament, which South Africa hosted for the second time at the start of the season.
CSA acting CEO Naasei Appiah said it is very good news to see how the operations of nation``s cricketing board continue to grow and grow, adding their fans are the lifeblood of our game and he would like to thank them for their loyal support.
Appiah added this is tangible evidence that they are on the right path in making cricket a truly national sport accessible to all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today