Cricket ticket sales in South Africa surpasses 1m mark for first time
Johannesburg: Cricket sales in South Africa have shown a momentous increase this season, surpassing the one million mark for the first time, according to Cricket South Africa (CSA).
A total of 1 093 464 tickets had been processed to date, CSA said in a statement on Thursday, which included international and franchise matches as well as the Champions League T20 tournament, which South Africa hosted for the second time at the start of the season.
CSA acting CEO Naasei Appiah said it is very good news to see how the operations of nation``s cricketing board continue to grow and grow, adding their fans are the lifeblood of our game and he would like to thank them for their loyal support.
Appiah added this is tangible evidence that they are on the right path in making cricket a truly national sport accessible to all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi