Cricket ticket sales in South Africa surpasses 1m mark for first time
Johannesburg: Cricket sales in South Africa have shown a momentous increase this season, surpassing the one million mark for the first time, according to Cricket South Africa (CSA).
A total of 1 093 464 tickets had been processed to date, CSA said in a statement on Thursday, which included international and franchise matches as well as the Champions League T20 tournament, which South Africa hosted for the second time at the start of the season.
CSA acting CEO Naasei Appiah said it is very good news to see how the operations of nation``s cricketing board continue to grow and grow, adding their fans are the lifeblood of our game and he would like to thank them for their loyal support.
Appiah added this is tangible evidence that they are on the right path in making cricket a truly national sport accessible to all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie