DDCA crisis deepens; more players skip camp
New Delhi: The current crisis in the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) seems to have deepened further after more players reported to have joined the protest and did not show up on the second day of the conditioning camp currently underway at the Feroz Shah Kotla ground here on Thursday.
According to reports, there were just 14 of the 23 members present at the ground on Thursday. Strike bowler Ashish Nehra, who was present on the first day, did not show up on the second day.
After India’s star player Virender Sehwag opened a can of worms against ‘corrupt practices’ within the DDCA over team selection matters, other Delhi players had also come out in support of the Delhi captain.
Yesterday, seven players had missed the camp including Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Ishant Sharma, Rajat Bhatiya, Mithun Manhas and Chaitaniya Nanda.
Sehwag, miffed with interference in team selection, had threatened to quit Delhi in favour of some other state and Haryana had even extended a red carpet for the Najafagarh stalwart. On Tuesday, Gautam Gambhir and pacer Ishant Sharma joined Sehwag and showed their willingness to join other Ranji teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love