ED summons Shastri over IPL controversy
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned former IPL governing council member Ravi Shastri for questioning over the Indian Premier League (IPL) controversy involving former Chairman Lalit Modi and Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
It was learnt that the summon was faxed to the address of the former India captain asking him to appear before the ED next week.
Shastri, along with former Indian captains Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi and Sunil Gavaskar, was the three governing council members who worked under then chairman Lalit Modi and took all the important decisions of the first three years of the IPL.
It was reported that they took Rs one crore annually each for their services to the cash-rich Indian league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill