England needs to accept `underdogs` status for World T20: Report
London: England must accept their status as ` underdogs` for the World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh if they expect to have any chance of repeating their unexpected victory in 2010, according to a report.
With Ireland set to join them in the tournament proper, just getting out of the group and into the semi-finals will be a huge task for England.
According to the Mirror, England must find a way to hit more boundaries - particularly against spin to have success in Bangladesh as it is their Achilles heel, adding that Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, Luke Wright and Moeen Ali at the top of the order must pick up the gauntlet or `sink without a trace` as they did in Sri Lanka two years ago.
The report further said that England needs to play `bold` shots like India, adding that even though they won the tournament in 2010, they are now `dark horses` of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- North Korea sets party congress date amid nuclear test fears
- AgustaWestland scam: Manmohan Singh dismisses BJP's charge
- Eww! Nargis Fakhri's reaction to lip-lock with Emraan Hashmi is shocking
- Watch: Akshay Kumar's impressive martial arts session with IPS officers!
- Vinod Kambli defends Salman Khan, advises Gautam Gambhir not to 'become so gam'