India lose to Argentina in practice game ahead of hockey WC
New Delhi: India fought hard before losing 1-2 to Argentina in their first practice game ahead of the hockey World Cup at The Hague, Netherlands on Sunday.
Argentina scored a goal each in both the halves while India`s lone goal came in the second half from the sticks of Dharamvir Singh.
India also suffered a big blow before the start of the mega-event as striker striker Ramandeep Singh was ruled out of the tournament after seriously injuring himself in the second half of the match against Argentina.
Ramandeep got hit in his right eye socket and also damaged his cheekbone during the match. He was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was operated upon.
Hockey India named Lalit Upapdhyay as Ramandeep`s replacement. Upapdhyay will leave for The Hague tonight.
India will play another practice game against South Africa before the start of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?