India lose to Argentina in practice game ahead of hockey WC
New Delhi: India fought hard before losing 1-2 to Argentina in their first practice game ahead of the hockey World Cup at The Hague, Netherlands on Sunday.
Argentina scored a goal each in both the halves while India`s lone goal came in the second half from the sticks of Dharamvir Singh.
India also suffered a big blow before the start of the mega-event as striker striker Ramandeep Singh was ruled out of the tournament after seriously injuring himself in the second half of the match against Argentina.
Ramandeep got hit in his right eye socket and also damaged his cheekbone during the match. He was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was operated upon.
Hockey India named Lalit Upapdhyay as Ramandeep`s replacement. Upapdhyay will leave for The Hague tonight.
India will play another practice game against South Africa before the start of the tournament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split