India lose to Argentina in practice game ahead of hockey WC
New Delhi: India fought hard before losing 1-2 to Argentina in their first practice game ahead of the hockey World Cup at The Hague, Netherlands on Sunday.
Argentina scored a goal each in both the halves while India`s lone goal came in the second half from the sticks of Dharamvir Singh.
India also suffered a big blow before the start of the mega-event as striker striker Ramandeep Singh was ruled out of the tournament after seriously injuring himself in the second half of the match against Argentina.
Ramandeep got hit in his right eye socket and also damaged his cheekbone during the match. He was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was operated upon.
Hockey India named Lalit Upapdhyay as Ramandeep`s replacement. Upapdhyay will leave for The Hague tonight.
India will play another practice game against South Africa before the start of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred