India lose to Argentina in practice game ahead of hockey WC
New Delhi: India fought hard before losing 1-2 to Argentina in their first practice game ahead of the hockey World Cup at The Hague, Netherlands on Sunday.
Argentina scored a goal each in both the halves while India`s lone goal came in the second half from the sticks of Dharamvir Singh.
India also suffered a big blow before the start of the mega-event as striker striker Ramandeep Singh was ruled out of the tournament after seriously injuring himself in the second half of the match against Argentina.
Ramandeep got hit in his right eye socket and also damaged his cheekbone during the match. He was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was operated upon.
Hockey India named Lalit Upapdhyay as Ramandeep`s replacement. Upapdhyay will leave for The Hague tonight.
India will play another practice game against South Africa before the start of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead