I don’t understand what Yousuf is doing in England
Karachi: Pakistan’s former stars have blasted the team management in England for not playing senior batsman Mohammad Yousuf in the second Test against England despite calling him urgently into the side.
“In the first place, I don’t understand what Yousuf is doing in England. If the need was so urgent that they rushed him to England at a short notice then he should have played in whatever condition he was in,” former Test captain Zaheer Abbas told reporters.
Zaheer, a top batsman himself, said he was surprised when he learnt that the cricket board had called up Yousuf who had announced his retirement in March.
“It is a laughable situation calling a batsman out of retirement and who technically is still banned. What message did it convey to the young players in the touring squad that the board and management does not have confidence in them?” he asked.
“To make matters worse after calling him up urgently they don’t even play him in the team saying he is not ready for international cricket. This is adding more pressure on the younger players, how do you expect them to perform?” the former captain fumed.
He said the way the Pakistan Cricket Board and the team management in England have handled things could only be described as comical.
“I don’t know what Yousuf is now doing in England. When he and Younus Khan were available why they were not selected in the team in the first place,” he said.
He said the decision to bat first after winning the toss in the second Test when the batsmen were struggling was also debatable.
“I don’t know who is advising Salman Butt but he needs guidance right now.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures