IPL 2014: Delhi Daredevils launch new logo, jersey
New Delhi: A colourful skyline and hundreds of kites soaring across various parts of the city marked an innovative launch of Delhi Daredevils` new look and new journey ahead of the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League.
Flash mobs flying kites that dotted the skyline across Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon today also marked the launch of the new logo of the GMR Group-owned team.
The new logo depicts a `Flying Kite`. It is inspired by the art of kite flying, a celebrated pastime for the people of Delhi. The new logo resonates the irresistible nature of the city and how the love for the game lifts the spirit of each and every fan. It also depicts how the team feeds off the energy of every individual talent and would look to play exciting cricket together in the new season of IPL-7.
The new icon is never static. Its directional shape suggests forward movement, energy, speed and accuracy, just like the flying kite.
On the occasion of the launch, Hemant Dua, CEO, Delhi Daredevils said, "The new logo embodies the spirit of our fans, the city of Delhi and our team. When our boys play, we believe that sky is the limit."
Keeping in tune with the logo that embodies the nature of the city and its dare to succeed attitude, the initiative of Kite flying flash mob and innovative reach out campaign for Delhi Daredevils fans was conducted in close to 100 points across Delhi and NCR including Central Park, Connaught Place and Purani Delhi.
Explaining the rationale behind the activity, Dua said, "We are surely the first team to come up with such innovative campaign. The idea is to reach out to our fans and talk about the Logo launch and new look of the team in a completely unique way. We are also digitally reaching to our fans through various platforms."
Daredevils also have revamped their entire website with the aim of engaging the fans in more innovating ways through a major re-branding exercise across the digital platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list