IPL molestation row: RCB team manager questioned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday quizzed Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) manager Avinash Vaidya in connection with the molestation case involving their player Luke Pomersbach.
The police will record the statement of Miraj, Sahil Peerzada’s friend, who was reportedly present in the room when the assault took place, it was reported.
Earlier, the lawyer of Luke Pomersbach denied that the cricketer had confessed to the police of having inadvertently touched or molested US citizen Zohail Hameed. Counsel Neeraj Chaudhry said that his client did not make any confession to the police or anyone else that he had molested the woman in a five-star hotel.
Pomersbach was arrested on Friday after Zohal alleged that he molested her and hit her fiance Sahil Peerzada when he objected to the cricketer`s behaviour. Peerzada was punched in his ear following which he had to undergo a surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy