IPL not a concern for Oz Ashes bid: Sutherland
Sydney: Cricket Australia ( CA) chief executive James Sutherland has said that Australia`s Ashes bid in England will not be compromised by the Indian Premier League ( IPL).
Two members of the Ashes party, Shane Watson and James Faulkner, remain on the subcontinent with their team, Rajasthan Royals , who will play in an elimination semi-final in Delhi.
Describing the lead-up to the Test series in July and August as "probably as good a preparation as you could possibly get`, Sutherland also said that he is not concerned by the fact that England`s top players are engaged in a home Test series against New Zealand.
David Warner has also been in India since early April with Delhi Daredevils, Ryan Harris withdrew midway through with a sore Achilles and Michael Clarke and James Pattinson pulled out before playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'