IPL spot-fixing: Ajit Chandila sent to 3-day police custody
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Cricketer Ajit Chandila was sent to 3-day police custody by Delhi court on Monday for interrogation under provisions of MCOCA in IPL spot-fixing case.
On Friday, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed Chandila’s bail plea saying he was a "key conspirator" in the entire case and was acting at the behest of a syndicate run by gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Delhi Police May 16 arrested three Rajasthan Royals players - S. Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan on spot fixing charges. 25 others were subsequently arrested.
More to follow...
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack