IPL spot-fixing: Ajit Chandila sent to 3-day police custody
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Cricketer Ajit Chandila was sent to 3-day police custody by Delhi court on Monday for interrogation under provisions of MCOCA in IPL spot-fixing case.
On Friday, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed Chandila’s bail plea saying he was a "key conspirator" in the entire case and was acting at the behest of a syndicate run by gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Delhi Police May 16 arrested three Rajasthan Royals players - S. Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan on spot fixing charges. 25 others were subsequently arrested.
More to follow...
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India