Jharkhand earn three points, aim knockout berth
Kalyani: Ajatshatru Singh (120) and Babul Kumar (108) helped Jharkhand earn three points by virtue of their first-innings lead against Bengal in their Cooch Behar Trophy match at the Kalyani Stadium here on Tuesday.
The draw helped Jharkhand jump to second spot in group B with nine points, behind defending champions Punjab (15 from three games), who have already made it to the knockout stage.
In the final day`s play, Jharkhand declared their innings at 556 for 8 and Bengal were 134 for one in 29 overs when play was called off.
Jharkhand will face Punjab in the final round beginning December 18, and will need at least a point to make it to the next stage.
Tamil Nadu, who beat Madhya Pradesh outright, picked up five points to take their tally to nine points, and are the third team in contention.
Bengal will host Madhya Pradesh at Kalyani in a crucial game in the last league round match.
The winners will remain in elite group and the losers will be demoted.
Bengal have two points from three games, while MP have one from three.
Bengal 386 and 134/1; 29 overs. Jharkhand 556/8 declared (Ajatshatru Singh 120, Babul Kumar 108; Tuhin Banerjee 2/95, Rajesh Singh 2/108, Ravikant Singh 2/140).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside