Kumble clarifies on conflict of interest issue
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Anil Kumble who has recently been nominated as the Chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee has clarified to accusations of conflict of interest. The former India leg-spinner has said that the post of the Chairman of ICC’s cricket committee does not clash with any of his business interests.
Kumble found himself in the midst of a similar controversy last year when two players contracted with his sports management company were selected to play in the national team. He clarified that all the positions including the ones he held in the past are honorary and they do not clash with his business interests.
He told Mid Today he was “sad “to hear the allegations. “I seriously fail to understand why people talk about only one thing- whenever somebody is trying to contribute only in honorary positions as administrators or anything.” “That’s a sad part, I am disappointed with that.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda