Maxwell vows to repeat `scary dose` against Pak if two teams meet again in World T20
Karachi: Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has vowed to repeat his dose of `scary tactics` against Pakistan if the two sides meet again in the World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Pakistan, which lost its opening Group 2 game to India by seven wickets, was given a scare by Maxwell in their 16-run win over Australia after he raced to 74 off 33 balls with seven fours and six sixes following a career-best 94 by Umar Akmal in Mirpur on Sunday.
According to The Dawn, Maxwell, who reached his maiden half-century off just 18 balls, the fourth fastest in T20 internationals, said that the experience of playing the Pakistani spinners in his first series against the team in 2012 helped him a great deal, knowing that he can face their spinners and is confident of scoring against them.
In that series, Maxwell made 38, 28 and 56 not out against an attack that included Ajmal, Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Hafeez and he warned that he would repeat the dose if the two teams faced off again as he will have that advantage of scoring against them before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!
- Mumbai civic body workers have offered to pay my fine: Kanhaiya Kumar