Modi congratulates Dalmiya
New Delhi: Booted out of the Indian Cricket Board, Lalit Modi on Wednesday congratulated former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya after the Board revoked its suspension against the veteran cricket administrator.
"Congratulations to Mr Dalmiya for finally getting BCCI to withdraw there case," tweeted Modi.
The BCCI today withdrew the fund embezzlement case against Dalmiya and also lifted a four-year-old expulsion imposed on him, clearing the decks for his return to national cricket administration.
The 70-year-old former ICC President had been a pariah in Indian cricket administration for four years after he was accused of embezzling the 1996 World Cup funds in a lawsuit filed in the Bombay High Court in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report