Modi congratulates Dalmiya
New Delhi: Booted out of the Indian Cricket Board, Lalit Modi on Wednesday congratulated former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya after the Board revoked its suspension against the veteran cricket administrator.
"Congratulations to Mr Dalmiya for finally getting BCCI to withdraw there case," tweeted Modi.
The BCCI today withdrew the fund embezzlement case against Dalmiya and also lifted a four-year-old expulsion imposed on him, clearing the decks for his return to national cricket administration.
The 70-year-old former ICC President had been a pariah in Indian cricket administration for four years after he was accused of embezzling the 1996 World Cup funds in a lawsuit filed in the Bombay High Court in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund