Monty Panesar aims to be England`s No. 1 spinner after Swann`s retirement
London: Monty Panesar is out to prove he should be England`s new No.1 spinner now that Graeme Swann has stepped aside, according to reports.
According to the Mirror, having played club cricket in Sydney at the weekend, he will be given the role at the MCG on Boxing Day by default after playing in the Adelaide defeat and with an impressive Test career already behind him.
However, Panesar does not consider himself the first choice automatically, especially with Scott Borthwick and James Tredwell soon breathing down his neck.
He said that it is a good opportunity and he must try to grab it and do the best he can.
Panesar added that it is important that he does not look far ahead and take it game by game, adding that he is hoping to get some good rhythm and string some good overs together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?