Monty Panesar aims to be England`s No. 1 spinner after Swann`s retirement
London: Monty Panesar is out to prove he should be England`s new No.1 spinner now that Graeme Swann has stepped aside, according to reports.
According to the Mirror, having played club cricket in Sydney at the weekend, he will be given the role at the MCG on Boxing Day by default after playing in the Adelaide defeat and with an impressive Test career already behind him.
However, Panesar does not consider himself the first choice automatically, especially with Scott Borthwick and James Tredwell soon breathing down his neck.
He said that it is a good opportunity and he must try to grab it and do the best he can.
Panesar added that it is important that he does not look far ahead and take it game by game, adding that he is hoping to get some good rhythm and string some good overs together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!