MS Dhoni 4th fastest to complete 8,000 ODI runs
Wellington: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Friday became the fourth fastest batsman to complete 8,000 runs in one-day cricket during the fifth and final ODI against New Zealand here.
The 32-year-old reached the milestone in the 26th over of the match here.
It is a commendable achievement by the wicketkeeper-batsman who comes in lower down the order.
The three men ahead of him in the list are illustrious compatriots Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly and West Indian legend Lara, all of whom batted in the top three. Dhoni has taken 214 innings to touch the landmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss