MS Dhoni 4th fastest to complete 8,000 ODI runs
Wellington: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Friday became the fourth fastest batsman to complete 8,000 runs in one-day cricket during the fifth and final ODI against New Zealand here.
The 32-year-old reached the milestone in the 26th over of the match here.
It is a commendable achievement by the wicketkeeper-batsman who comes in lower down the order.
The three men ahead of him in the list are illustrious compatriots Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly and West Indian legend Lara, all of whom batted in the top three. Dhoni has taken 214 innings to touch the landmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off