ONGC`s Unmukt Chand scores 111 in T20 against Jain Irrigation
Mumbai: Former India U-19 captain Unmukt Chand`s brilliant unbeaten century helped ONGC thrash Jain Irrigation in a Group A league match of the Rs 12 lakh T20 tournament at the D Y Patil stadium in Navi Mumbai Monday.
Batting first, Jain Irrigation put up a stiff total of 173 for six, with opener Vishant More (54) and Masnsingh Nigde (49) scoring most runs.
The 20-year old Delhi batsman Chand, who remained unconquered, assaulted the bowlers to amass 111 runs from just 53 balls. His breezy knock contained nine sixes and seven fours, and shared an unbroken 173-run stand for the second wicket with Tanmay Srivastava(57).
In another Group A contest, hosts and defending champions D Y Patil A chased down the huge target of 196 to trounce Andhra Bank by five wickets.
Andhra Bank 195 for 9 (G H Vihari 87; Rakesh Prabhu 4 for 33) wickets lost to D Y Patil `A` 200 for 5 in 17.4 overs (Shoaib Shaikh 58) by five wickets.
Jain Irrigation 173 for 6 (Vishal More 54, Mansingh Nigde 49) lost to ONGC 176 for 1 in 16.2 overs (Unmukt Chand 111 not out, Tanmay Srivastava 57 not out) by nine wickets.
State Bank of Hyderabad 180 for 6 (Anirudh Singh 63) lost to State Bank of Travancore 181 for 7 wickets in 20 overs (Rakesh K J 52) by three wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation