Pak-born cricketer Raza in Zimbabwe squad for India series
Harare: Pakistan-born cricketer Sikander Raza, who recently made his debut against Bangladesh in a home series, has been named in the 16-member Zimbabwe squad, led by Brendon Taylor, that will take on India in a five match ODI series starting July 24.
Born in Sialkot in the northeast of Pakistan, Raza along with his parents has been residing here since 2002. He made his first-class debut in 2007.
A top-order batsman, he returned to full-time cricket after completing his academics in the 2010-11 season and scored 625 runs at an healthy average of 41.
Pacers Shingi Masakadza and Tinashe Panyangara have been dropped from the squad announced for the home series against Bangladesh in May.
Zimbabwe have dropped wicketkeeper Regis Chakabva and skipper Taylor will keep wickets for the side.
The squad features five seamers, including Kyle Jarvis, Tendai Chatara, Brian Vitori, Elton Chigumbura and the uncapped Michael Chinouya.
Zimbabwe squad: Brendan Taylor (capt & wk), Sikandar Raza, Tendai Chatara, Michael Chinouya, Elton Chigumbura, Graeme Cremer, Kyle Jarvis, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Natsai M`shangwe, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Malcolm Waller, Sean Williams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez