Sodhi gets `rare opportunity` to learn leg-spin under `idol` Warnie for one day
Wellington: Thanks to a nod and a wink from his employer, Northern Districts chief executive Peter Roach, New Zealand leg-spinner Ish Sodhi is off to Melbourne on December 28 to hang out with his idol Shane Warne, according to reports.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Roach kept wicket for Victoria in 25 first-class matches between 1995 and 2005, and also represented Australia under-19.
Sodhi said Roach initially got in touch with Warne and tested the water and as he was willing, and New Zealand Cricket sealed the deal in recent days, the report said.
He will spend a day with Warne, bowling in the nets and talking legspin, before returning home on December 30, the report added.
Sodhi said that right now, he has got way too many questions that he would like to ask Warne, because he was a hero of his growing up, adding that he would have to narrow it down a little bit too.
Sodhi, playing his fourth test at the Basin Reserve against West Indies, has already shown his class as a patient student of spin, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha