Sodhi gets `rare opportunity` to learn leg-spin under `idol` Warnie for one day
Wellington: Thanks to a nod and a wink from his employer, Northern Districts chief executive Peter Roach, New Zealand leg-spinner Ish Sodhi is off to Melbourne on December 28 to hang out with his idol Shane Warne, according to reports.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Roach kept wicket for Victoria in 25 first-class matches between 1995 and 2005, and also represented Australia under-19.
Sodhi said Roach initially got in touch with Warne and tested the water and as he was willing, and New Zealand Cricket sealed the deal in recent days, the report said.
He will spend a day with Warne, bowling in the nets and talking legspin, before returning home on December 30, the report added.
Sodhi said that right now, he has got way too many questions that he would like to ask Warne, because he was a hero of his growing up, adding that he would have to narrow it down a little bit too.
Sodhi, playing his fourth test at the Basin Reserve against West Indies, has already shown his class as a patient student of spin, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez