Stewart suggests Swann be dropped from Perth Test
London: Former England player Alec Stewart has said that dropping Graeme Swann from the third Ashes Test in Perth could help the team.
According to the BBC, Stewart said that it was bitterly disappointing to see England receive another heavy beating in the second Ashes Test to go 2-0 down in the series.
The defeat leaves England in a desperately difficult situation, with just three days to try to recover and regroup before the third Test in Perth, a venue where they have lost on each of their last six visits, Stewart said.
One option they should seriously consider is leaving out the spinner from the final 11 and playing a four-man seam attack, which would mean no Graeme Swann or Monty Panesar, Stewart added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic