Sunil Narine cleared for selection following injury scare
Kensington Oval: Injury fears surrounding West Indies’ off-spinner Sunil Narine were put to rest when he was declared fit to face England in the second Twenty20 International at the Kensington Oval here.
Narine appeared to jar his knee badly in attempting a sliding save at third man in the seventh over of the England reply, during the opening T20I Sunday.
However, a West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) release Monday said that Narine has recovered and would be considered for selection for Tuesday`s match.
“West Indies spinner Sunil Narine has recovered from the knee injury he suffered during Sunday’s first T20 International against England at Kensington Oval. He was due to have a scan on Monday morning but it was not required," the statement said.
Narine is the leader of the Windies attack in the game’s shortest format and currently tops the ICC T20 bowling rankings.
More importantly, he is expected to be central to the West Indies` plans as they defend their title at the World T20 later this month in Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read