Sunil Narine cleared for selection following injury scare
Kensington Oval: Injury fears surrounding West Indies’ off-spinner Sunil Narine were put to rest when he was declared fit to face England in the second Twenty20 International at the Kensington Oval here.
Narine appeared to jar his knee badly in attempting a sliding save at third man in the seventh over of the England reply, during the opening T20I Sunday.
However, a West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) release Monday said that Narine has recovered and would be considered for selection for Tuesday`s match.
“West Indies spinner Sunil Narine has recovered from the knee injury he suffered during Sunday’s first T20 International against England at Kensington Oval. He was due to have a scan on Monday morning but it was not required," the statement said.
Narine is the leader of the Windies attack in the game’s shortest format and currently tops the ICC T20 bowling rankings.
More importantly, he is expected to be central to the West Indies` plans as they defend their title at the World T20 later this month in Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?