Sunil Narine cleared for selection following injury scare
Kensington Oval: Injury fears surrounding West Indies’ off-spinner Sunil Narine were put to rest when he was declared fit to face England in the second Twenty20 International at the Kensington Oval here.
Narine appeared to jar his knee badly in attempting a sliding save at third man in the seventh over of the England reply, during the opening T20I Sunday.
However, a West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) release Monday said that Narine has recovered and would be considered for selection for Tuesday`s match.
“West Indies spinner Sunil Narine has recovered from the knee injury he suffered during Sunday’s first T20 International against England at Kensington Oval. He was due to have a scan on Monday morning but it was not required," the statement said.
Narine is the leader of the Windies attack in the game’s shortest format and currently tops the ICC T20 bowling rankings.
More importantly, he is expected to be central to the West Indies` plans as they defend their title at the World T20 later this month in Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video