Teams confirmed for ICC World Cup Qualifiers
Dubai, March 10: With four 2011 World Cup spots up for grabs, the ICC World Cup Qualifiers promise close encounters among the 12 teams that have confirmed participation in the tournament to be held in South Africa from April 1 to 19.
Defending champion Scotland and five other teams that took part in the last World Cup -– Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Kenya and the Netherlands -– will be taking part along with Denmark, Namibia, Oman and United Arab Emirates from Pepsi ICC World Cricket League Division 2 and the two qualifiers from Division 3 -- Afghanistan and Uganda.
The event will see each side playing against the other teams in its group once with the top side from the four groups progressing to the super-eight stage.
In the super-eight stage, the teams will play against the sides they did not meet in the group stage.
The top two teams from the stage will contest the final to be played at Centurion on April 19.
The third and fourth-placed sides will play-off at Potchefstroom, the fifth and sixth-placed sides play off at Willowmoore Park while the seventh and eighth-placed teams play off at Stan Friedman Oval, Krugersdorp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him