The Ashes: Broad cleared of broken foot
Perth: England fast bowler Stuart Broad was Monday cleared of a broken right foot and is set to bat in the ongoing third Ashes Test, officials said.
There were fears Broad`s Ashes series could be over after he was struck a stinging blow on by Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson on Sunday, the third day of the match in Perth.
Initial X-rays were inconclusive, but further scans cleared him of serious injury, although he will be unable to bowl for the remainder of the Test.
"Scans revealed no evidence of a fracture," the England and Wales Cricket Board announced on Twitter.
"He will continue to receive treatment on his right foot and will be reviewed on a regular basis ahead of the fourth Test. He will bat in this current Test if required."
The fourth Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground starts on December 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard feuding with Johnny Depp's family
- Humiliation bothers obese air travellers the most!
- Naseeruddin Shah constantly surprises us: Kalki Koechlin
- Shocking! 16-year-old boy 'thrashed', stripped naked in Delhi; 4 arrested
- Image of this rare seabird spotted near Port Blair is truly mesmerising!