Stewart suggests Swann be dropped from Perth Test
London: Former England player Alec Stewart has said that dropping Graeme Swann from the third Ashes Test in Perth could help the team.
According to the BBC, Stewart said that it was bitterly disappointing to see England receive another heavy beating in the second Ashes Test to go 2-0 down in the series.
The defeat leaves England in a desperately difficult situation, with just three days to try to recover and regroup before the third Test in Perth, a venue where they have lost on each of their last six visits, Stewart said.
One option they should seriously consider is leaving out the spinner from the final 11 and playing a four-man seam attack, which would mean no Graeme Swann or Monty Panesar, Stewart added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets