Teams confirmed for ICC World Cup Qualifiers
Dubai, March 10: With four 2011 World Cup spots up for grabs, the ICC World Cup Qualifiers promise close encounters among the 12 teams that have confirmed participation in the tournament to be held in South Africa from April 1 to 19.
Defending champion Scotland and five other teams that took part in the last World Cup -– Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Kenya and the Netherlands -– will be taking part along with Denmark, Namibia, Oman and United Arab Emirates from Pepsi ICC World Cricket League Division 2 and the two qualifiers from Division 3 -- Afghanistan and Uganda.
The event will see each side playing against the other teams in its group once with the top side from the four groups progressing to the super-eight stage.
In the super-eight stage, the teams will play against the sides they did not meet in the group stage.
The top two teams from the stage will contest the final to be played at Centurion on April 19.
The third and fourth-placed sides will play-off at Potchefstroom, the fifth and sixth-placed sides play off at Willowmoore Park while the seventh and eighth-placed teams play off at Stan Friedman Oval, Krugersdorp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family