Tendulkar, a true ambassador of the game: Pollock
New Delhi: Former South Africa captain Shaun Pollock has paid rich tributes to Sachin Tendulkar and termed the retiring batting great as "a true ambassador of the game".
Tendulkar will be bid adieu to his 24-year-old glorious career after playing in his 200th Test match against the West Indies, starting at Mumbai tomorrow and Pollock hoped the champion batsman ends his career on a high.
"I think 200 Tests is an amazing achievement & Sachin has been a wonderful cricketer to watch and play against. A true ambassador of the game," the former Protea all-rounder wrote on his twitter page.
"I wish Sachin well in his 200 game being a cricket romantic I hope he produces a performance that is a fitting finale 2 an exceptional career," Pollock wrote.
Pollock lauded Tendulkar for his conduct on and off the field during his illustrious career.
"Credit goes to him for the way he conducted himself under the weight of expectation & extra attention he has dealt with everyday in India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened